Wednesday 17 September 2014

Why you need an RPR (not title insurance) when buying a house in Calgary


Here’s the downside of not having a current RPR. Anything that isn’t in compliance will cost you money and time down the road. It could be when your neighbour sells and/or when you sell in the future. I’ve had issues getting compliance on my client’s property costing anywhere froTitleInsurance_thumbm $300 to $10,000 and taking anywhere from 5 weeks to 10 months to complete. When buying a property you shouldn’t be the one to incur the sellers issues or problems with the property. My personal pain… I have a cement pad on the side of my house, sitting on the utility right of way, (there since I bought this house) that reminds me why my buyers need a current RPR. This is an expense I will incur when I sell.
http://www.innercityyyc.com/need-rpr-buying-home-in-calgary.html

No comments:

Post a Comment